Ease Pain & Accelerate Healing: Sleeping Stretch Boot for Achilles Tendonitis Treatment
Experiencing severe tenderness or sharp pain around your heel with your first steps in the morning?
During the day, connective foot tissues, know as your plantar fascia and Achilles tendon, commonly develop microtears. Then, while you sleep, unknowingly pointing your toes, your foot begins to heal. So when you take your first steps in the morning, you instantly stretch out and retear these tissues, causing stabbing pains.
Luckily, this versatile stretching splint is specifically designed to hold your foot at a 90-degree angle or less, allowing your foot to heal properly overnight to make for a more pleasant experience when you get out of bed.
Supporting a neutral foot position, this soft orthopedic night splint reduces irritation and pain caused by foot conditions including:
- Plantar fasciitis
- Achilles tendonitis
- Heel Spurs
- Ober Sleeping Stretch Boot
- 30-day guarantee
Product Number: AO-10
Frequently Asked Questions About This Achilles Tendon Stretcher
- What conditions / injuries does this ankle brace treat? This nighttime boot is the perfect foot support for many different conditions including plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendonitis, heel spurs, and foot drop.
- How does it work? This splint for foot drop and plantar fasciitis helps prevent the painful tearing that you endure after you wake up and take your first steps. It holds your foot at a 90-degree angle or less while you sleep, gently stretching your plantar fascia, Achilles tendon, and calf muscle.
- When should I wear it? This plantar fasciitis stretching boot is meant to be worn while sleeping or kicking your feet back on the couch. It is not intended to be worn while walking long distances. Please remove this brace if you plan on walking further than a few steps around the house.
- What is it made of? This latex-free night splint is made of polyethylene, nylon, spandex, polyester, polyurethane, EVA, and polyoxymethylene.
- Who can wear this boot? Men and women of all ages can benefit from the stretch provided by this nighttime boot.
- What size should I buy? Please refer to our sizing chart (the second image above) to select your size.
- How do I put it on? Unhook buckles on 3 straps across front. With splint resting on floor, place foot into splint, sliding heel snugly against back. Place optional wedge underneath liner for extra stretch. Attach bottom strap and adjust until snug. Continue by attaching remaining 2 straps, adjusting for tightness. Over time, gradually adjust side, dorsiflexion straps for greater stretch.
- How tall is this brace? About 15 inches tall.
- Washing Instructions: Remove liner from boot. Hand wash liner in warm water with mild soap. Allow liner to air dry completely before reapplying. Wipe plastic shell with a damp cloth.